Onyeka Uwakwe - Ilaro - Friday Dec 06, 2019.Education -
New Council of National Officers (CNO) has been elected by national delegates of Academic Staff Union of Polytechnics, ASUP.
The election held at the 15th National Delegates Conference at the Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro, Ogun State. Thursday The event signalled the completion of the delegates conference and the end of tenure of the administration former President, Mr. Usman Dutse. The election was generally peaceful but was observed some security officials.
The election lasted up to late Thursday night but the new officers were sworn in about 1am Friday after vote count. Most delegates patiently waited for the outcome of the election. The announcement of the new president by Chairman of Electoral Committee, Comrade S.I. Okonkwo was welcome with a thunderous ovation. Members took time to hug and shake the new president.
Comrade Anderson U. Ezeibe from Federal Polytechnic, Nekede beat his only rival Barr Timothy Ogunseye (Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro) to emerge President. The election was keenly contested as Comrade Ezeibe won by seven votes.
In his post inaugural speech, ASUP President Comrade Anderson Ezeibe assured delegates and all ASUP members that the values and processes of the Union shall be upheld by his administration. He also promised to pursue the implementation of his campaign promises.
Comrade Ezeibe appealed for solidarity and prayers of all members but also thanked all ASUP delegates and stakeholders for their passion and interest in the union.
The National Delegates Conference holds every two years with all qualified chapters represented.
See Full List of the Newly Elected ASUP CNO
1. Anderson Ezibe - President
2. Mohammed Gbate - Vice President
3. Shamah Kpanja - Secretary General
4. Tonwei Thompson - Assistant Sec. Gen.
5. Dauda Rilwan Majoji - Treasurer
6. Chika Ogonwa - Financial Sec.
7. Abdulahi Yalwa - Publicity Secretary
8. Yusuf Husaini - Internal Auditor
9. Precious Nwakodo - Zone D Zonal Coordinator
10. Gizo Mankot- Zone B Zonal Coordinator
11. Mureni Yekini - Zone C Zonal Coordinator
12. Kashim I. Mohammed - Zone A Zonal Coordinator